Three dead and two wounded in Newclare, Johannesburg shooting

Vehicle shortage leaves Pretoria police stranded

A mass shooting incident in Newclare in Johannesburg resulted in the death of three and left two others injured on Saturday, August 15.

The provincial police spokesperson, Captain Tintswalo Sibeko, said the incident occurred at approximately 9.34pm.

“Police received a complaint of a shooting in Newclare. Upon arrival at the scene, community members pointed out a flat where they alleged that several people had been shot,” Sibeko said.

Sophiatown police opened three counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder for investigation.

“Police entered the premises and found three victims, aged between 18 and 20, lying inside the flat. The victims were declared deceased at the scene by paramedics.

Further investigation revealed that two other victims, aged 18 and 23, had also sustained gunshot wounds and were transported to hospital for further treatment,” Sibeko said.

No arrests have been made at this stage.

“The suspects are unknown at this stage, and the circumstances surrounding the shooting are still under investigation. No arrests have been made. Police investigations are underway,” Sibeko said.

Police urge anyone with information that may assist with the investigation to contact the Crime Stop Line on 08600 10111 or submit information anonymously via the MySAPS App.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *